Waffles with Greek Yogurt
- prep time15 min
- total time 15 min
- serves 14
In this recipe, the Greek yogurt helps to make a thicker batter.
Brought you you by Oikos from Danone. Visit the Danone blog for more recipe ideas!
1 pinch salt
1 pinch cream of tartar
2 Tbsp (30 mL) caster sugar
7 Tbsp (100 mL) 2% Oikos Plain Greek Yogurt
7 Tbsp (100 mL) water
½ cup (125 mL) buttermilk
1 ½ cup (375 mL) all-purpose white flour
1. Separate the egg yolks from the whites.
2. Using electric beaters, beat the egg whites at medium speed with the pinch of salt for 1 minute. Increase the beater speed and add the cream of tartar. Continue beating for 1–2 minutes until the whites become stiff foam. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, beat the caster sugar and egg yolks with electric beaters at medium speed, until the mixture becomes white and foamy.
4. Add the Greek yogurt, water and buttermilk, and continue mixing with the electric beaters.
5. Gradually add the flour, sprinkling it over the mixture while the beaters are still on.
6. Using a rubber spatula, gently blend the egg white foam into the yogurt mixture.
7. Cook the batter in a very hot, lightly greased waffle iron until golden. Repeat using the remainder of the batter.
8. Serve the waffles warm with your choice of toppings.