Watermelon Mint Drink
- prep time10 min
- total time 25 min
- serves 4
A refreshing drink perfect for a hot summer day from Roger Mooking.
½ cup water
½ cup sugar, plus 2 tbsp to rim the glass
½ bunch mint
8 cup watermelon, chopped
8 ice cubes
2 1 cut in half, 1 cut into quarters for garnish
1. Place water and sugar in a small pot, bring to a boil and remove from heat.
2. Add mint to pot, allow to sit and infuse syrup for approximately 15 minutes.
3. Allow syrup to cool.
4. Strain and discard mint, place mint syrup in fridge until cold.
5. Place half of watermelon in a blender with simple syrup and lime juice, puree and pour over a fine strainer into a large pitcher. Repeat with remaining chopped watermelon and place in fridge until chilled.
6. Place remaining sugar on a plate. Rim tops of glasses with lime wedge and press tops of glasses into sugar to garnish.
7. Place ice cubes and Watermelon Drink in glasses, garnish with lime quarters and enjoy!