- serves 0
¾ cup tepid water (105ºF)
2 ¼ tsp instant dry yeast
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup spelt flour
1 tsp salt
3 Tbsp olive oilToppings
2 Tbsp olive oil
½ lb(s) cremini mushrooms, sliced
2 clove garlic, minced
1 14 oz jar marinated artichokes
1 tsp lemon zest
cornmeal, for sprinkling
¼ cup Basil pesto
3 Tbsp sour cream (not low-fat)
8-12 slices Prosciutto ham
2 oz Parmesan cheese
⅓ cup fresh basil leaves, loosely packed
2 cup baby Arugula leaves, loosely packed
1. For dough, stir water and yeast together, then stir in flours, salt and olive oil until dough becomes hard to work with a wooden spoon.
2. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for just 1 minute, until dough feels elastic. Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 30 minutes.Toppings
1. While dough is resting, prepare toppings. In a large sauté pan over medium heat add oil. Add mushrooms and sauté for 5 minutes, until tender.
2. Add garlic and stir. Add artichokes and lemon zest to warm and season to taste. Stir pesto and sour cream together.
3. Preheat oven to 500°F and place a baking tray or pizza stone in oven.
4. Divide dough in 2 and, on a lightly floured surface, roll out each piece as thinly as possible, to about 9-inches across. Remove heating pan or stone from oven and sprinkle lightly with cornmeal.
5. Place rolled crust on pan or stone and spread a thin layer of the pesto mixture all over. Arrange Prosciutto on top and spoon mushroom filling over top and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until golden at the edges.
6. Grate Parmesan over pizza with a vegetable peeler and top with basil leaves and Arugula immediately before serving.