- prep time1 min
- total time 123 min
- serves 4-6
Try this hickory smoked fish with sweet hints of citrus.
Recipe courtesy of Eric Hadley of Hadley's BBQ.
¼ cup salt
¼ cup sugar
1 lime, zest
1 lemon, zest
1 orange, zest
8 oz fillet whitefish
Apple and hickory wood chipsPea Pancakes
1 ¼ cup peas (frozen or fresh)
3 Tbsp half and half cream
1 tsp baking powder
3 Tbsp flour
Creme fraiche or full fat sour cream
Balsamic glaze or segmented lemon slices
1. Mix salt, sugar and citrus zest together.
2. Rub on whitefish.
3. Allow to cure for one hour.
4. Smoke at 185 degrees Fahrenheit for 2 hours.Pea Pancakes
1. Blanch the peas.
2. Put peas in food processor (or mash with fork).
3. Mix in cream and egg.
4. Mix in baking powder and flour.
5. Heat up a non-stick pan with butter.
6. Pour small circles of pea mixture on pan.
7. Cook pea pancakes on one side at medium high heat until they start to bubble (2-3 minutes).
8. Flip peas and cook for another minute.Assembly
1. Top with creme fraiche (or sour ceam) and drizzle balsamic glaze (or top with segmented lemon).
2. Serve on a platter with salad greens dressed with olive oil and salt and pepper.