Wild Salmon Curry
- serves 4
One delicious, wild salmon fillet, pan seared and covered in an enticing and aromatic curry sauce.
Equipment needed: Food processor
Courtesy of Pemba Bhatia of the Tibetan Kitchen Café
½ cup oil
1 onion, finely chopped
½ tsp ginger/garlic paste
½ cup tomato puree
½ tsp curry powder
½ tsp garam masala
½ cup unsalted raw cashews
1 salmon fillet
½ cup water
roughly ground mustard seeds
salt to taste
1. Heat oil in a pan and add onions, cook until golden brown.
2. Add ginger/garlic paste, salt, tomato puree, curry powder, garam masala, and cashew nuts.
3. Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes, set aside and cool.
4. When cool put mixture in a food processor and puree until smooth.
5. Rub curry mixture and salt on salmon fillet.
6. In another pan heat oil and sear salmon on both sides.
7. Remove salmon from oil and set aside.
8. Add water and mustard seeds to the oil used for the salmon and cashew puree from above, bring to a simmer.
9. Add salmon and cook for 3 minutes.
10. Serve on white or brown basmati rice with cilantro garnish.