Yorkie Beef Dip
- prep time1 min
- total time 245 min
- serves 12-16
Classic Yorkshire pudding with a meaty dijon dip.
Recipe courtesy of Roger Weldon of JR's Restaurant.
1 beef top butt
Carrots peeled (enough to layer the roasting pan)Yorkshire Pudding
4 egg yolks
2 L of milk
8 cup flour
2 Tbsp salt
1 Tbsp rosemaryAssembly
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Rub generous amounts of Dijon mustard and fresh thyme on beef top butt.
3. Place beef top butt on a layer of carrots in a roasting pan.
4. Cook beef for 3.5 hours or until level of preference.Yorkshire Pudding
1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Mix all ingredients together.
3. Oil 6x6-inch metal containers and place oven until hot.
4. Lower the temperature to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Pour batter in the hot containers and place back in oven.
6. Cook for approximately 35 minutes.Assembly
1. Slice Yorkshire pudding almost in half and stuff to capacity with sliced beef.
2. Dish best served with fries and a side of garlic aioli. Garnish with a pickle.