1 ½ cup (375 mL) gluten-free all-purpose flour
2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
½ tsp (2 mL) baking soda
¾ tsp (4 mL) xanthan gum (if your flour contains this, them omit this extra)
¼ cup (60 mL) brown sugar
¾ cup (175 mL) almond milk
¼ cup (60 mL) butter
1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
1 cup (250 mL) zucchini, finely grated
1 cup (250 mL) dried cranberries
½ cup (125 mL) dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC). Line muffin tins with paper muffin cups and set aside.
2. Melt butter in microwave and set aside to cool.
3. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum and sugar mix thoroughly.
4. In a separate bowl, mix the almond milk, egg, cooled butter and vanilla extract.
5. Mix wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until smooth.
6. Gently mix in the grated zucchini, cranberry, dark chocolate chips until just incorporated. Batter should be lumpy.
7. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups.
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean, and muffins are lightly browned.