Pizza dough, premade
1 apple, thinly sliced
6 oz Ferro Mozzarella
8 oz smoked mozzarella
1 ¾ oz gorgonzola, crumbled
9 oz bacon
1 ½ oz walnuts, chopped
1 ¼ oz Grana Padano, shredded
1 ¼ oz parsley, finely chopped
¾ oz extra virgin olive oil
1. Stretch premade dough to 16x16 inches. Press pizza dough into a square 1.5 inch deep tray. Apply a thin coat of olive oil to the top of the pizza dough.
2. Then, thinly slice the apple.
3. Next are the toppings. Add the Ferro mozzarella, smoked mozzarella and sliced apple to pizza. Then, crumble Gorgonzola and apply to pizza.
4. Chop bacon into squares then also sprinkle on top of the pizza.
5. Leave pizza on the countertop to proof for 1 hour.
6. Preheat oven to 550°F, then once up to temperature, bake pizza for approximately 10 minutes. Remove from oven once done.
7. Apply walnuts by scattering them atop of the pizza. Sprinkle pizza with parsley and shredded Grana Padano cheese. Finally, drizzle pizza with olive oil. Enjoy.
Source and Credits
Courtesy of Chef Nino Coniglio of Williamsburg Pizza