1. To create the mayo, add the first 4 ingredients to a food processor. Ingredients include egg yolks, Dijon mustard, oyster sauce and lemon juice.
2. With the food processor still blending, add very slowly 10% of the canola oil to the mixture.
3. Gradually, incorporate the balance of the canola oil and 30% of the oyster sauce by volume.
Burger & Assembly
1. Set oven to 350ºF (175ºC).
2. Slice pineapple bun very carefully ensuring not to damage "cookie" on top half of bun. Place bun in oven to warm through.
3. Season ground beef liberally with salt and black pepper. Divide ground beef in 2 portions and roll into 2 balls.
4. Using a metal spatula, press both beef balls onto flattop and flatten into beef patties. Place both patties in oven. Cook first side until 80% cooked through, approximately 2 minutes.
5. While the burgers cook, start dressing the bun. On the bottom half, spread oyster mayonnaise, add thin sliced lettuce and then sliced tomato.
6. Flip burger patties. Cook another 40 seconds or until fully cooked. Using spatula stack burger patties on top of each other and place on top of the tomatoes. Add more oyster mayo and then a nice handful of potato sticks, or hickory sticks.
7. Add top "cookie" bun and enjoy!
Source and Credits
Courtesy of Craig Wong, Patois, Toronto, Ontario