Jersey Chicken and Cheddar Pancakes
- prep time15 min
- total time 30 min
- serves 4 - 6
A perfect balance of sweet, salty, crispy and fluffy. This breakfast masterpiece should be on everyone’s bucket list.
5 cups preferred pancake dry mix
1 Tbsp (15 mL) soybean oil
1 quart buttermilk
1 Tbsp (15 mL) sugar
1 Tbsp (15 mL) vanilla syrup
Cheddar cheese (a handful per pancake)
Bacon bits (handful per pancake)Toppings & Assembly
4-5 Fried chicken tenders, preferred store bought, per serving
Fresh Jalapenos, optional
Cheddar cheese, shredded (handful per serving)
1 tsp (5 mL) sour cream, per pancake
sprinkle powder sugar
Maple syrup, on the side
1. In a tabletop mixer, mix all pancake ingredients together. Mix for about 5-10 minutes.
2. Ladle the pancake batter onto the griddle.
3. While pancakes are on the griddle, add a handful of cheddar cheese and bacon to each pancake. Cook for 10-15 seconds.
4. Flip the pancakes and cook for 1-2 minutes. You can use a non-stick frying pan instead of a griddle.
5. Flip one more time to make sure it’s perfect and to reveal ingredients in batter.
6. Take the pancakes off the griddle and set aside, ready for plating.Toppings & Assembly
1. Chicken tenders: Pre-breaded chicken is fried at 350ºF for 3-4 minutes or can be baked.
2. Stack 3 cheddar-bacon pancakes, top with fried chicken tenders. Sprinkle on more cheddar cheese and more bacon bits.
3. Put the pancakes under a salamander grill (can be baked) to melt the cheese.
4. Top the warmed plate with optional fresh jalapenos.
5. Sprinkle stacked pancakes and chicken tenders with powder sugar and drizzle on sour cream. Maple syrup is served on the side.
Courtesy of Bobby Bournias of Brownstone Pancake Factory
See more: Breakfast