1. Place hot dog in a pot of boiling water for about 10 minutes.
2. Remove hot dog from water. Create 4 cuts across the hotdog at a 45-degree angle.
3. Grill hot dog on flat top or pan fry until the internal temperature reaches 80ºF, about 2-3 minutes.
1. On the stovetop, heat a pan with butter. Place raw onions in pan and cook for 5-10 minutes, or to your desired doneness.
2. Using a very sharp knife, slice sheets of seaweed into thin confetti-like strips.
Hot Dog Fuwa Fuwa Bun & Assembly
1. Grill the bun until the top and bottom turn slightly light brown, about 3 minutes.
2. Place the grilled sausage inside the grilled Fuwa Fuwa bun.
3. Top with 17 g of teriyaki sauce, forming a zig-zag pattern across the sausage, starting from the far end to the other.
4. Top with 4 g of Japanese mayo, again creating a zig-zag pattern across the sausage, starting from the far end to the other.
5. Drop a pinch of sliced seaweed evenly across the hot dog.