It’s the season for roller coaster rides, deep-fried Mars Bars and cotton candy! We met with Carnival Eats‘ delightful host Noah Cappe for a rapid-fire round of questions to find out his most favourite fairground foods and what he would eat as his last meal on Earth.
1. What is your favourite junk food?
Ice cream sundae with chunks of brownie. Caramel, chocolate, whipped cream, no cherry.
2. What is your favourite hangover cure?
Leftover pizza if I haven’t completely disgusted myself and eaten everything already. And a good greasy spoon breakfast.
3. What was your first job in food?
My first job in food was Carnival Eats. I considered myself a professional eater just without any recognition.
4. What was your favourite food to eat as a kid?
Toasted bagels. Two bagels cut in half so you have four halves. One cream cheese, one peanut butter, one butter, one jam and cheese. That was the sampler. Our younger brother adopted it and to this day still rocks the bagel sampler.
5. What would your last meal on Earth be?
Garlic cheesy bread, a chocolate milk shake, bacon cheeseburger and a brownie sundae.
6. Do you cook at home? What do you make?
I don’t. I’ve made five things I my life: three of them are bowls of cereal, one is toasted bagels and the other is mac ‘n’ cheese.
7. What’s the best thing to eat that’s deep fried?
A deep-fried taco is an unbelievable tasty treat. But if I had to pick just one thing, that would be deep-fried is cheesecake. We did it on the show. It’s my top three of all time.
8. What condiment do you always have in your fridge?
Chocolate milk. Always chocolate milk in my fridge. And moldy leftovers.
9. Favourite movie with food in it?
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
10. If you had to invite a group of people for the ultimate dinner party (dead or alive), who would they be?
Michael Jordan. He’d be my first invitation. Pokaroo — let’s just end the debate. What’s he been doing? Where does he sneak off to? Emeril Lagasse. He was the guy who totally got me into Food Network. I used to watch him all the time. I really love watching people cook.
Catch all new episodes of Carnival Eats Saturdays at 8 E/P.