Ready, set, GRILL! Food Network Canada’s all-new BBQ series, Fire Masters, is the epitome of trial by fire. The sizzling grilling competition premieres Thursday, March 21 at 10 E/P.
Each week, with the clock ticking, three chefs will have their grilling skills put to the ultimate test as they embark on a fiery three-part culinary challenge that requires them to create a variety of mouthwatering dishes. One chef is eliminated during each of the first two rounds, with the last remaining chef going head-to-head against one incredibly formidable opponent — one of the Fire Masters judges! In the thrilling final round, with a championship title and $10,000 cash prize on the line, the chef and judge fight fire with fire to create a sumptuous three-course meal — with only one victor.
Hosted by Canadian chef Dylan Benoit, who will supervise the grill masters during their challenges and add his expertise to the judges’ deliberations, Fire Masters highlights culinary talent from across North America, including competitors from Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton and Mount Pearl, among others.
The judges appearing in the inaugural season of Fire Masters are:
- Kevin Bludso, Los Angeles, CA (Bludso’s BBQ)
- Mike Callaghan, London, ON (International Pitmaster)
- Connie DeSousa, Calgary, AB (CHARCUT Roast House, charbar, Alley Burger, Rooftop Bar @ Simmons, Top Chef Canada, Season 1 and All-Stars)
- Tiffani Faison, Boston, MA (Sweet Cheeks, Tiger Mama, Fool’s Errand)
- Nicole Gomes, Calgary, AB (Nicole Gourmet Catering, Cluck N’ Cleaver, Top Chef Canada, Season 3 and All-Stars winner)
- Andy Husbands, Boston, MA (The Smoke Shop)
- Eddie Jackson, Houston, TX (Rose Hill Beer Garden, Fit Chef Studio, Food Network Star, Christmas Cookie Challenge)
- Ray “Dr BBQ” Lampe, St. Petersburg, FL (Dr. BBQ)
- Dale MacKay, Saskatoon, SK (Ayden Kitchen & Bar, Little Grouse on the Prairie, Sticks and Stones, Avenue Restaurant, Top Chef Canada, Season 1 winner)
- Hugh Mangum, New York City, NY (Mighty Quinn’s Barbeque)
- Amy Mills, Murphysboro, IL (17th Street Barbecue, OnCue Consulting)
- Andrea Nicholson, Toronto, ON (Butchies, Top Chef Canada, Season 1 and All-Stars)
- Devan Rajkumar, Toronto, ON (ChefDev Catering Company)
Fans of other Food Network Canada series will spot a few familiar faces among the judges. Watch for Top Chef Canada alumni such as Le Cordon Bleu-trained culinary master Connie DeSousa, Calgary restauranteur Nicole Gomes and Saskatoon chef Dale MacKay, among others, as they weigh in with their decades of culinary expertise as guest judges.
If you can’t get enough of watching competitors blaze their way to the top, read on to meet the talented chefs who will be taking on the scorching challenges this season.