If the way to your Valentine’s heart is through their stomach, you’ll surely win them over with this chocolatey, heart-warming dessert.
Filled with a double dose of chocolate, these cakes take just 30 minutes to make, and are best served warm to enjoy the gooey chocolate filling. While you’re likely planning a dinner for two, this romantic recipe makes four — because we know how irresistible these decadent cakes really are.
Prep: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 min
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
6 Tbsp all purpose flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter
3 oz. bittersweet chocolate
1 cup icing sugar
2 egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp red food dye
Additional icing sugar dusting (amount based on personal preference)
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Grease 4 heart-shaped muffin tins or ramekins.
3. Combine flour, cocoa, salt and cinnamon.
4. Microwave butter and chocolate on high until melted in blasts of 15 seconds, about three times. Stir mixture in between each blast.
5. Add icing sugar to chocolate mixture and stir to combine.
6. Stir in eggs, yolks, vanilla and red dye. Add in flour mixture and stir to combine.
7. Divide batter into prepared muffin cups or ramekins. Bake until batter has risen but remains wet in the centre, about 12 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before un-molding.
8. Dust with icing sugar. Serve warm.
Looking for more inspiration? Try these 12 Romantic Recipes for a Valentine’s Day Dinner At Home.