Here, we start with soft white bread coated in a homemade chocolate ganache, topped with cherries and rolled up tight. The rolls are then dipped in a cinnamon-spiced, chocolate milk-based French toast mixture, then cooked in a pan until all sides are golden brown. Impressive, satisfying and sure to please a crowd!
Prep: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
1/2 cup heavy cream
4 oz semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
2 tsp butter
1 pinch salt
French Toast Roll-ups:
8 slices white bread, crust removed
1 1/2 cups of whole cherries (pitted)
2/3 cup chocolate milk
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp butter
1/2 cup heavy cream, whipped
1/4 cup chocolate shavings (optional)
Chocolate Cherry Filling:
1. To make the ganache, place chocolate in a medium glass bowl.
2. Heat cream in a small saucepan over medium-high until it simmers with small bubbles along the edges, about 5 minutes. Pour over chocolate. Stir with a whisk until smooth. Add in butter and salt and stir until combined.
3. Coarsely chop 1/4 cup of cherries. Set aside the remaining whole cherries.
French Toast Mixture:
1. Using a rolling pin, flatten out each slice of bread.
2. Spread chocolate ganache towards one side of flattened bread slice. Sprinkle about 2 tsp of chopped cherries over chocolate and tightly roll up the slice of bread. Continue with remaining slices.
3. In a shallow dish beat chocolate milk, eggs and cinnamon to create the mixture dip for your bread.
4. Heat 1/2 butter in a large skillet over medium. Dip each roll into egg mixture and place in skillet. 5. Cook in batches of 3 or 4 and grease skillet with butter as needed. Turn the rolls as they cook until golden brown on each side, about 5 minutes.
Top with whipped cream, warmed cherry sauce, reserved whole cherries and chocolate shavings.