1. In a small bowl, whisk together butter and food colouring. In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and butter mixture. Mix until butter mixture is evenly distributed. Pour into prepared pan and press evenly; set aside.
2. Line a 9-inch square metal baking pan with foil leaving a 2-inch overhang; set aside.
1. In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over water. Microwave on medium heat until dissolved, 20 seconds.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl and using an electric mixer, whip cream; set aside.
3. In a separate bowl and using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until light. Add sugar, sour cream and vanilla and beat until combined. Stir gelatin into cream cheese mixture. Fold in whipped cream. Pour over crust, smoothing top. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until set, at least 3 hours or up to overnight.
4. Using foil overhang as handles, remove cheesecake from pan and transfer from foil to serving plate.
5. Cut cheesecake into 12 pieces.
1. Place 1¾-inch maple leaf cookie cutter in centre of each cheesecake piece. Spoon rounded ¼ tsp coarse red sugar into centre of cutter. Using tip of knife, gently spread sugar to fill cutter. Remove cutter being careful not to disturb sugar.