1 ½ lb(s) mini red or white potatoes
2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
½ tsp salt
½ cup sour cream
4 strips bacon, cooked and diced
2 green onions, green parts only, diced or 2 Tbsp diced chives
½ tsp paprika
4 oz Cheddar cheese, thinly sliced and cut into small squares
½ bunch fresh rosemary sprigs
1. Preheat oven to 425ºF.
2. In each potato, without slicing all the way to the bottom, cut several slices crosswise to create an “accordion” (tip: place potatoes in a wooden spoon and cut inside the spoon; the lip will prevent your knife from cutting all the way through.
3. On a large baking sheet, toss all potato ingredients until potatoes are evenly coated.
4. Roast for 30 to 35 minutes until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork and skin is beginning to crisp. Cool for 5 minutes.
1. In each slice, stuff with a square of cheese. Bake for 5 minutes longer, until cheese has melted.
2. Poke a sprig of rosemary into the bottom of each potato (acting like a skewer) and place on a serving plate.
3. Garnish each potato with a small amount of sour cream, bacon, green onion or chives and a dusting of paprika. Serve warm.
Source and Credits
Recipe courtesy of Allison Day