Flower Topped Chocolate Cupcakes
- prep time20 min
- total time 40 min
- serves 0
Flowers and chocolate have never gone so well together.
Makes use of the Buttercream Icing recipe from SugarStars.
½ cup unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 ⅓ cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
¾ cup cocoa
1 cup hot water
edible flowers, optional
1 recipe Buttercream Icing
1. Preheat oven to 350 °F.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. Place cocoa into a small bowl and add 1 cup of boiling water. Mix until dissolved and set aside.
4. Using a stand mixer, cream butter, sugar and vanilla extract. Once the mixture is light fluffy, add eggs, one at a time.
5. Leaving the mixer on, alternate between the flour mixture and cocoa until all ingredients have been combined.
6. Pour into muffin tray lined with baking cups and bake for 20 minutes.
7. Ice with Buttercream Icing and top with edible flowers, such as lilacs.