1 head cauliflower, washed and cut evenly into florets (heads only, no stems)
1 bottle beer (lager, IPA or pale ale)
2 cups flour
¾ cup milk
1 tsp dried thyme
4 green onions, finely diced
2 Thai chiles, seeds removed and finely diced
¼ cup blue cheese, crumbled for garnish
salt and pepper, to taste
½ lb(s) melted butter
1 Tbsp hot sauce
1 tsp brown sugar
1. In a large bowl, mix together the batter ingredients until smooth.
2. Add more milk if batter is too thick. As it should coat the cauliflower but not be clumpy.
3. Heat 2 inches of oil in a pot or use a home deep fryer set to 355ºF (180ºC).
4. Dip cauliflower into batter. Be sure to remove excess.
5. Place away from you into hot oil and fry until golden and floating.
6. Remove to a paper-towel lined platter.
1. In a small pot, heat on medium and melt butter.
2. Add hot sauce and brown sugar. Simmer for 1-2 minutes until sugar has dissolved.
3. Remove from heat and pour into large mixing bowl.
4. Add deep fried cauliflower florets into the sauce and toss, ensuring to cover all the pieces fully.
5. Transfer to a serving plate, garnishing with crumbled blue cheese, Thai chilies and green onions.