A Little Fruit with My Crisp
- serves 8
A simple berry crisp with fresh whipped cream.
2 ½ cups raspberries and sliced strawberries
⅓ cup granulated sugar
1 heaping Tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp vanilla extractCrisp
1 ½ sticks (12 tbsp) salted butter, cut into small pieces, plus more for greasing the baking dish
2 cups all-purpose flour
⅔ cup oats
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup packed brown sugar
½ cup pecans
1 dash kosher saltWhipped Cream
1 cup heavy cream
1 tsp granulated sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the raspberries and strawberries, granulated sugar, cornstarch and vanilla. Stir and set aside.Crisp
1. Butter an 8-inch square baking dish. In a large bowl (or food processor), combine the butter pieces, flour, oats, granulated sugar, brown sugar, pecans and salt. Cut together with a pastry cutter (or pulse in the food processor) until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
2. Press half of the crisp mixture into the prepared baking dish. Top with the berry mixture, then sprinkle the remaining crisp over the top. Bake until the topping is golden brown, about 45 minutes. Allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving.Whipped Cream
1. Add the cream and granulated sugar to the bowl of a mixer and whip until soft peaks form.
2. Scoop out the crisp with a spoon and top with sweetened whipped cream