Cold Roasted Veggies with Herbed Yogurt Dip
- prep time20 min
- total time 30 min
- serves 6
This unique take on veggies and dip includes roasted carrots, zucchini, parsnips and red onions with a cool parsley, dill and mint dip.
2 cups plain Greek yogurt
3 Tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
3 Tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh dill
2 cloves garlic, grated
Zest of 1 lemon plus juice of 1/2 lemon
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepperRoasted Veggies
5 parsnips, cut into sticks
3 carrots, cut into sticks
2 zucchini, cut into sticks
2 red onions, cut into quarters
½ cup olive oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Combine the yogurt, mint, parsley, dill, garlic, lemon zest and juice, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl and mix well; taste to check the seasonings. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.Roasted Veggies
1. Preheat the oven to 475ºF.
2. Arrange the parsnips and carrots on a baking sheet in a single layer. Arrange the zucchini and onions on a second baking sheet in a single layer. Drizzle both with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Roast the parsnips and carrots until lightly browned but still firm, about 10 minutes, roast the zucchini and onions until lightly browned but not soggy, 7 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a ziptop bag and refrigerate until cold.
4. Serve the roasted veggies cold with the herbed yogurt dip.