Pesto Chicken Skillet Supper
- prep time16 min
- total time 16 min
- serves 4
Ree makes mixes sauteed chicken and vegetables in a pesto cream sauce.
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
1 large zucchini, halved and sliced into 1/4-inch half-moons
1 large summer squash, halved and sliced into 1/4-inch half-moons
2 cups chopped kale
½ cup yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
½ cup red grape tomatoes, halved
2 ears corn, shucked and kernels removed
2 cloves garlic, minced
¼ cup store-bought basil pesto
¼ cup heavy cream
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 5-oz Parmesan wedge, grated
1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add the olive oil to the skillet, throw in the chicken and brown on all sides, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove and reserve.
3. Add the onions, zucchini and squash and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes. Move those vegetables to the edges of the skillet and add the kale, tomatoes, corn and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the kale turns bright green, an additional, 1 to 2 minutes.
4. In a small bowl, stir together the pesto and cream.
5. Return the chicken to the skillet along with any juices. Add the pesto cream and reduce the heat to medium. Cook, stirring, for an additional 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice and grated Parmesan. Enjoy.