Rib Steak with Smashed Potatoes, Roasted Cauliflower, Caramelized Onion and Bacon
- prep time15 min
- total time 40 min
- serves 2
Perfectly pairs with Beringer Founders Estate Cabernet Sauvignon.
12 mini white potatoes
½ cup diced onion
3 slices bacon
2 cups cauliflower florets
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 12 oz rib steak
3 Tbsp butter, split
¾ cup oyster mushrooms
Salt and pepper
1 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Bring a large pot salted water to a boil over high heat. Cook potato until soft, 10 to 12 minutes.
3. Toss cauliflower with olive oil and roast at until golden brown 15 to 18 minutes.
4. Sear steak in a hot cast iron skillet, browning all sides for about 10 minutes. Finish by basting with 1 Tbsp of butter. Rest meat for 5 minutes.
5. In a small pan, brown mushrooms at medium high heat in 1 Tbsp of butter and season with salt and pepper.
6. When potatoes are cooked, squish them in between a towel while they are still hot. Season with vinegar, 1 Tbsp of butter and top with onion and bacon.
7. Place potato in side dish for serving. Slice steak and garnish with mushroom. Serve with roasted cauliflower.
Courtesy of Chef Dustin Gallagher