Lobster and Crab Crumble
- serves 4
This hearty dish is made with lobster and crab meat, celery and green peppers in a rich, creamy sauce baked to perfection.
1 ½ lb(s) lobster or 1/2 lb lobster meat
½ lb(s) crab meat
1 Tbsp butter
1 medium stalk celery, chopped (1/2 cup)
½ green pepper, chopped (1/4 cup)
1 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tsp chopped parsley
¼ cup cream
2 egg yolks
1 tsp soy sauce
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
Juice of 1 lemon
1. Preheat oven to 300ºF.
2. In a large pot, bring lightly salted water to a boil.
3. Fill a large bowl with water and ice to make an ice bath.
4. Drop lobster and crab into the boiling water to boil for 6 minutes.
5. Using tongs, transfer crab and lobster to the ice bath to shock.
6. Crack lobster and crab shells and remove meat from the body and claws; set meat aside to cool.
7. Once meat has cooled, roughly chop the meat and stir together in a large bowl.
8. To cook the celery and green peppers, melt butter in a medium pan over medium heat.
9. Add celery and green peppers; stir and cook for 6 minutes, until vegetables are brown and start to soften.
10. Remove celery and green peppers from the heat and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
11. Once cooled, stir celery and peppers into the bowl with the crab and lobster meat.
12. Stir in mustard, parsley, cream, egg yolks, soy sauce, and lemon juice until combined.
13. Portion mixture evenly into greased ramekins.
14. Sprinkle breadcrumbs over top and bake for 10 minutes, until brown.
Special Equipment: 4 ramekins
Leftover Lobster and Crab Crumble will keep for up to 2 days.
Recipe courtesy of John Aungier of The Oar House