Cranberry sauce is the perfect accompaniment to your holiday turkey, but it can also be used to add flavour and fibre to a variety of sauces and dishes.
Here are some easy ways to use your leftover cranberry sauce:
– Blending it in a smoothie.
– Mix it with your favourite barbecue sauce for a fruity, zesty twist like in Giada De Laurentiis’ recipe for Cranberry BBQ Sauce Turkey Sliders.
– Combine it with marmalade and serve it warm over toast, crêpes or pancakes as a cranberry compote.
– Stir it into some cream cheese for a quick spread for toast.
– Use it as a simmering sauce for meat, like in Michael Smith’s recipe for Harvest Pork Chops with Cranberry and Kale or this recipe for Stuffed Acorn Squash with Red Wine Cranberry Sauce.