These sweet, raw vegan cheesecakes are perfect for Valentine’s Day, and are a snap to make. A blender is the only required equipment for this recipe. Just blend, freeze and enjoy. Your family and friends won’t even realize that these rich, decadent delights are dairy-free and raw vegan! These desserts melt quickly, so store them in the freezer at all times and eat immediately.
2 1/2 cups cashews (unsalted, unroasted)
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
3/4 cup water
- Place all ingredients into your blender.
- Blend. Start slow and gently increase the speed. You may need to stop and start your blender a bit if your blender is getting hung up. If your blades won’t move, turn blender off, create an air pocket down the side with a knife, and then blend again starting on low. Keep blending until it’s very smooth, like a creamy chocolate fudge with no cashew chunks.
- Pour smooth mixture into a wide pan (or into silicone molds) and place in freezer.*
- Freeze until it reaches a firm, slice-able consistency (8 hours or so).
- Store in freezer at all times. To eat, just open the freezer, slice into desired shape and eat immediately.
*Heart-Shape Tips: If you don’t have heart-shaped silicone molds, this simple solution works well. Pour the mixture into a wide pan or glass dish. Smooth the mixture out using the back of a spoon — not too thick and about an inch or less deep. Freeze then slice into heart shapes. This recipe (when frozen for at least 8 hours) is super easy to cut into shapes.
Note: If your blender isn’t very powerful, consider soaking cashews in warm water for 1-2 hours before blending to soften them. After soaking, rinse clean and blend immediately.
Laura-Jane The Rawtarian is a leading creator of simple, satisfying raw vegan recipes.