It’s much easier than you think to eat clean leading up to Halloween, and still satisfy your sweet tooth.
Try making these easy chocolate pumpkin truffle pops for your Halloween party and watch them disappear right before your eyes — without any tricks! Filled with natural peanut butter, shredded coconut, dates and vegan chocolate chips, these waist-friendly pops are also great for an afternoon snack or after-dinner treat.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
¼ cup coconut flour
¼ cup canned organic pumpkin pie mix
5 medjool dates, pitted
2 Tbsp natural peanut butter (or substitute another nut butter)
¼ tsp vanilla powder (optional)
Pinch sea salt
¾ cup vegan chocolate chips
½ Tbsp coconut oil
¼ cup chopped pecans
¼ sweetened shredded coconut
1. In a food processor, combine coconut flour, pumpkin pie mix, dates, peanut butter, vanilla powder and sea salt until it forms a ball of dough.
2. With your hands, roll balls approximately 1 ¼” in size and poke truffle pop sticks into each ball. Set them on a dish or baking sheet lined with parchment paper while you melt the chocolate coating.
3. Melt chocolate chips with coconut oil in a double boiler or mixing bowl over a pot filled with a small amount of boiling water. 4. Stir until just melted and smooth, and remove from heat.
5. Dip the truffle pops in the melted chocolate and swirl to coat evenly. Use a spoon to get chocolate coating near the base of the ball. Allow excess to drip off before standing them upright.
6. Sprinkle coconut and/or pecans all over the chocolate, and using a piece of Styrofoam, place the truffle pop sticks in the 7. Styrofoam to stand upright in the fridge.
8. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to let the chocolate set. Keep truffle pops in the fridge until serving.