Alfredo Sauce on Pasta with Fruit Salad
- prep time 15 min
- total time 40 min
- serves 4
2 cups chopped seasonal fruit (e.g. Mandarins. grapes, cantaloupe)
1 can fruit cocktail, unsweetened
French vanilla yogurt is nice on top (optional)
¾ pound / 350 g linguine pasta
1 teaspoon olive oil
½ teaspoon dried basil leaves (optional)
1 ½ teaspoons olive oil
1 ½ teaspoons butter
2 teaspoons fresh garlic (from a jar) or two finely minced cloves
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 cups 10% cream
½ cup light Parmesan cheese
½ cup white wine
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 pinch Pinch of nutmeg
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1. Slice or cube your favorite seasonal fruit and mix together with fruit cocktail in a small bowl.
2. Serve this to whoever is starving.
3. Fill a large stove-top pot with water.
4. Cover and bring to a boil.
5. Place pasta in boiling water and set timer for 10 minutes (or follow package directions).
6. When timer rings for pasta rinse in a colander under hot water.
7. Return to pasta pot and toss with a little olive oil and dried basil.
8. Cover and set aside.When dinner is almost ready to be served…
9. Melt butter and oil together, in a medium size stove-top pan with lid, at medium heat.
10. Finely chop shallots adding to pan as you cut.
11. Add garlic and sauté for a couple of minutes.
12. Remove pan from heat.
13. Whisk in cornstarch and gradually whisk in cream. Return pan to stove at med-low.
14. Add Parmesan cheese, white wine, mustard, and spice. Stir occasionally until thickened.