Asiago Lemon Thyme Scones
- prep time15 min
- total time 31 min
- serves 8
Courtesy of Thomas Haas of Thomas Haas Chocolates & Patisserie.
5 ½ cups all-purpose unbleached flour
¼ cup granulated sugar
¼ cup baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup butter
2 ¼ cups heavy cream
¼ cup fresh thyme
1 ½ tsp lemon zest
1 ½ cups Asiago cheese, 1 cm dice
1. In a large bowl, combine flour, parsley, sugar, thyme, baking powder, and salt; mix well.
2. Cut cold butter into cubes and chill in freezer 15 minutes before mixing.
3. With pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
4. Add cream and filling at once and continue mixing just until dough forms.
5. Stir in cream and cheese just until moistened.
6. On floured surface, gently knead dough 8-10 times.
7. Place on cookie sheet; roll or pat dough into a 6" round.
8. Cut 8 wedges; separate slightly.
9. Bake until golden, 16 to 18 minutes, rotating sheet halfway. Serve warm.