Asian Chicken Burgers
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 0
6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
Vegetable oil for brushing
Salt and pepper to taste
6 mini crusty baguette loafs
2 cups mescaline greensMarinade
2 lemon grass stalks
3 fresh green chillies, seeded and chopped
3 green onions chopped
½ teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon ground turmeric
1 teaspoon ground coriander
Zest of one lime
3 tablespoons fresh limejuice
2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
1 tablespoon fish sauce
2 teaspoons sugar
1. Vegetable oil for brushing
2. Remove and discard the tough outer skin from the lemon grass stalks and roughly chop.
3. Using a food processor, mix all the marinade ingredients and process until smooth.
4. Place the chicken in a large plastic sealable bag.
5. Pour the marinade over the chicken. Ensure that the chicken in evenly coated.
6. Place the bag in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
7. Preheat the barbeque to medium high (375°F/190°C).
8. Oil the grill to prevent sticking.
9. Remove the chicken from the marinade and wipe off excess moisture. Place the chicken on a tray, drizzle with vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper.
10. Place chicken on the grill and cook for 3-4 minutes per side with the lid of the barbeque open. Chicken is cooked when the flesh is opaque and the juices run clear.
11. Serve on a toasted baguette with mescaline greens and spicy mango salsa.Marinade