Bacon Wrapped Quail Stuffed with 3 Cream Cheeses
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 0
6 quail, rib and backbones removed by your butcher
6 pieces of bacon uncooked
2 Tbsp maple syrup
2 tsp sherry vinegar
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp sun dried tomato cream cheese
2 Tbsp roasted garlic herbed cream cheese
2 Tbsp jalapeño apricot cream cheese
Any kind of cream cheese will work – experiment to find your favourite.
Salt and pepper to taste
Olive oil for drizzling
6 sturdy toothpicks soaked in cool water for 5 minutes
1. Prepare your bbq. Slide a drip pan under the grates to help prevent flare ups when the bacon wrapped quail is cooking.
2. Preheat the barbeque to medium high heat (375°F/190°C).
3. Lay all of the quail skin side down on a baking tray. Season the cavities with salt and pepper.
4. Place a tablespoon of cream cheese in the center of each breast.
5. Fold the opposite breast over the cream cheese to enclose the filling completely. Season the outside of the quail with salt and pepper.
6. Wrap a slice of bacon around the breast part of the bird and secure it with a wooden toothpick.
7. In a small bowl combine the maple syrup, olive oil and Sherry vinegar. Take this mixture, a pastry brush/bbq brush and the quail to the grill.
8. Oil the grill grates well to help prevent sticking.
9. Place the quail down and cook for approximately 4-5 minutes per side turning until crispy and medium rare. Baste with sauce for the final 4 minutes of cooking. Note: quail has very little fat in the meat and does not take well to overcooking it is best served medium-medium rare.
10. Remove the quail from grill and pour the remaining basting sauce overtop prior to serving.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site