Baked Chicken Wings
- prep time 1 min
- total time 40 min
- serves 6
Crispy browned wings are always a welcome snack or main dish.
Emily Richards Canadian Living Cooks
2 ½ lb(s) chicken, wings
1 sauce, teriyaki, orange, (recipe follows)Teriyaki Orange Sauce
⅓ cup sauce, teriyaki, (recipe follows)
2 Tbsp juice, orange, concentrate, thawed
1 Tbsp ginger, root, minced
2 tsp orange, rind, grated
2 garlic, cloves, minced
¼ tsp salt
1 pinch pepper
2 onion, green, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 400ºC (200ºC)
2. Cut off wing tips at first joint; discard.
3. Separate wings at remaining joint; trim excess skin.
4. In resealable bag, mix chicken with sauce to coat and marinate in refrigerator for 4 hours.
5. Place wings on rack on foil-lined baking sheet, reserving sauce.
6. Bake in oven, turning once, for 20 minutes.
7. Brush with remaining sauce; bake, turning once, for about 20 minutes or until juices run clear when chicken is pierced.
8. Broil for about 1 minute per side until browned.Teriyaki Orange Sauce
1. In large bowl, combine Teriyaki sauce, orange juice concentrate, ginger, orange rind, garlic, salt and pepper.
2. Teriyaki Sauce:
3. In a saucepan, stir 3/4 cup (175 mL) chicken or vegetable stock; 1/2 cup (125 mL) soy sauce; 1/3 cup (75 mL) mirin; 2 tablespoons (25 mL) sugar; and 3 slices gingerroot.
4. Bring to boil.
5. Reduce heat; simmer for 20 minutes or until reduced by about half.
6. Whisk 2 tablespoons (25 mL) cold water with 1 tablespoon (15 mL) cornstarch; add to pan and cook; stirring, for about 2 minutes or until thick enough to coat back of spoon.
7. Discard ginger.
8. Let cool.
9. Yield: 1 cup