Banana Rum Fritters with Rum Chestnut Sauce
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 0
4 tablespoons rum
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup + 2 tbsp all purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
dash of salt
1 cup cold water
icing sugar, for dustingChestnut Cream
5 tablespoons sweetened chestnut puree
2 tablespoons rum
4 tablespoons creme fraiche
full-fat sour creamTo Assemble
1. Slice bananas into thick angled slices, about 1/2-inch thick. Toss gently with rum and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a pot to 350 F (medium high heat for 8 minutes).
3. Combine 1 cup flour with baking powder and salt. Whisk in egg and cold water until smooth.
4. Dust a banana slice with a little of remaining flour, shake off and dip into batter. Using a pair of tongs, place fritter in hot oil and cook for 2 minutes on each side. Remove to drain on a paper towel. Cook fritters together, leaving a half inch between them as they fry in the pot.Chestnut Cream
1. Cream chestnut puree to soften and stir in rum. Add crème fraiche and blend. Chill cream to firm up.To Assemble
1. Arrange fritters on a small plate or in a bowl with a dollop of cream on the side. Dust with icing sugar. For a garnishing twist, make a cone of parchment paper, and place fritters inside.