Beef Stir-Fry with Chow Mein Noodles
- serves 6
1 pkg Steam Fried Noodles (14 oz / 397 gms) Taipan brand is what could be tested with.
1 tsp Canola Oil
1 Medium Yellow Onion
1 ½ lb(s) [675 gms] Flank Steak (or Sirloin Steak)
¼ cup No-Nut Peanut Butter
⅓ cup VH Dry Garlic Sparerib Sauce
¼ cup Water
2 heads Broccoli Florets
½ Red Pepper
½ Yellow Pepper
tsp Canola Oil
2 Green Onions
1 tsp Fresh Ginger (from a jar)
1 tsp Fresh Garlic (from a jar)
Cooked Steam Fried Noodles
1 Tbsp Kepac Manis (Sweet Soy Sauce)
¼ tsp Curry Powder
1. Take out equipment and ingredients the night before.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Place steam fried noodles in boiling water. Set timer for 3 minutes or follow package directions.
3. Rinse and drain in colander. Set aside.
4. Heat oil in a large fry pan at med-high. Slice onion into large slivers adding to pan as you slice. Stir until caramelized.
5. Slice beef, against the grain, into thin strips approx 2" long, adding to pan as you cut.
6. Combine No-Nut peanut butter, spare rib sauce and water in a mixing bowl. Pour over meat.
7. Reduce heat to a low simmer. Stir.
8. Wash and cut broccoli, mushrooms and peppers, in that order, adding to pan as you cut.
9. Stir to combine sauce, meat and veggies.
10. Heat oil in a fry pan at medium heat. Finely chop green onion adding to pan as you chop.
11. Add ginger and garlic and sauté slightly.
12. Add drained noodles then toss with Kepac manis and curry powder.
13. Reduce heat to low and keep tossing until tender.
14. Serve beef and broccoli on top of the steam fried noodles.