Beer Battered Oysters
- prep time 1 min
- total time 33 min
- serves 4
24 oyster, shuckedBatter
¾ cup flour
1 egg, lightly, beaten
¼ tsp salt
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 cup beerCornichon Mayonnaise
2 egg, yolks
1 tsp vinegar
1 ¼ cup vegetable oil
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
2 Tbsp sweet gherkin pickle, chopped
1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1 Tbsp capers
1 tsp fresh tarragon, chopped
2 hard boiled egg, finely, chopped
1. Pat oysters dry.
2. Working with 4 or 5 at a time, dip each oyster into batter and carefully place it into the hot oil for 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Turn it over half way through cooking time.
4. Remove from oil, drain on paper towel and serve immediately with Cornichon Mayonnaise.Batter
1. Place flour, egg, salt and olive oil in a bowl.
2. Lightly mix together while adding the beer.
3. Mix only until incorporated.
4. Set aside for about 30 minutes to rest.Cornichon Mayonnaise
1. In a bowl whisk egg yolk until creamy. Continue whisking while adding vinegar.
2. Keep whisking while slowly adding olive oil.
3. Make sure the oil emulsifies.
4. Mix the rest of the ingredients into mayonnaise. Check the seasoning.