Beer Battered Oysters
- prep time 0 min
- total time 33 min
- serves 4
24 oyster, shucked
oil, for fryingBatter
¾ cup flour
1 egg, lightly, beaten
¼ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup beerCornichon Mayonnaise
2 egg, yolks
1 teaspoon vinegar
1 ¼ cups vegetable oil
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons sweet gherkin pickle, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon capers
1 teaspoon fresh tarragon, chopped
2 hard boiled egg, finely, chopped
freshly cracked black pepper
1. Pat oysters dry.
2. Working with 4 or 5 at a time, dip each oyster into batter and carefully place it into the hot oil for 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Turn it over half way through cooking time.
4. Remove from oil, drain on paper towel and serve immediately with Cornichon Mayonnaise.Batter
1. Place flour, egg, salt and olive oil in a bowl.
2. Lightly mix together while adding the beer.
3. Mix only until incorporated.
4. Set aside for about 30 minutes to rest.Cornichon Mayonnaise
1. In a bowl whisk egg yolk until creamy. Continue whisking while adding vinegar.
2. Keep whisking while slowly adding olive oil.
3. Make sure the oil emulsifies.
4. Mix the rest of the ingredients into mayonnaise. Check the seasoning.