Black Cod with Fennel and Leek Compote
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 4
1 tsp coarsely cracked black peppercorns
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1 bulb fennel, trimmed
3 x leeks, white and light green leaves, plus 1-inch dark leaves only
2 Tbsp butter
¼ cup white wine
½ cup whipping cream
1 Tbsp lemon juice
4 (6 ounce) portions Alaskan Black Cod
1. Preheat oven to 450 F.
2. Combine peppercorns, mustard, oil and 2 tsp basil. Spread on cod. Season with salt.
3. Remove top and base of fennel, reserving a few fronds for garnish, and discard any browned leaves. Thinly slice remainder.
4. Thinly slice leeks.
5. Heat butter in a large skillet on medium heat. Add vegetables and remaining 1 tsp basil and sauté for about 8 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Add wine and cream, bring to boil and simmer for 1 minute or until sauce coats the vegetables. Stir in lemon juice. Season well with salt and pepper.
6. Place vegetables on base of baking dish. Place fish on top.
7. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until fish is opaque and has just started to separate into flakes.
8. Serve fish on top of vegetables. Garnish with reserved fronds.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site