Broccoli Cheese Soup with Chef Salad
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 4
5 cups Broccoli Florets (1 lb / 450 gms)
1 teaspoon Canola Oil
1 Large Onion
3 teaspoons Prepared Garlic (From a jar)
3 cups Vegetable Broth
½ cup 10% Cream
1 ½ cups 1% Milk
2 cups Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
¼ cup tapiocaChef Salad
4 cups Spinach Leaves
1 Avocado, Ripe
Cooked Baby Potatoes (Reserved from an earlier meal, Optional)
½ pound (225 gms) Cooked Deli Ham Slices
Seedless Black Grapes
¼ cup Red Onion
¼ cup Feta
4 Spicy Kalamata OlivesSalad Dressing
¼ cup Plum Sauce (VH)
2 tablespoons Milk, 1%
Pinch Black Pepper
1. Take out equipment and ingredients.
2. When you arrive home: Rinse broccoli in colander. Place in a microwave-safe pot with lid. Microwave at high for 5 minutes.
3. Heat oil in a large stove top pot at med-high. Finely chop onion adding to pan as you cut.
4. Cook until onion is transparent and slightly brown.
5. Add garlic to pan.
6. Add cooked broccoli and vegetable broth.
7. Bring to a boil then reduce heat so broccoli is cooking at a low boil.
8. Once broccoli is quite soft, mash it directly in the pot with a potato masher or blend in a blender then return to pot. It all depends whether or not you like smooth broccoli or try it your way.
9. Just before dinner add cream, milk, cheddar and tapioca to pot.
10. Heat through, stirring occasionally, until thick.Chef Salad
1. The night before: Place eggs in a small pot of water and bring to a full boil. When water starts to boil set timer for 5 minutes. When timer rings remove from heat but let eggs cool gradually.
2. Rinse spinach directly in salad spinner and spin dry.
3. Lay spinach on serving plates.
4. Place each of the following ingredients directly onto the spinach in their own piles.
5. Slice avocado into wedges. Cut reserved baby potatoes in half.
6. Slice ham into thin strips.
7. Wash and slice grapes in half.
8. Sliver the red onion.
9. Wash and slice mushrooms.
10. Add feta and olives.
11. You will slice the eggs the following night at dinner.
12. At dinner, slice eggs and place on salad. Yum!!!Salad Dressing
1. Combine plum sauce, mayo, milk and pepper in a small measuring cup.
2. Use more milk if you like a runnier dressing.
3. Whisk and set aside in fridge.