Caesar Salad Dressing
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 1
1 head roasted garlic (see below)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil (15 mL)Dressing
2 cloves garlic
2 anchovy fillet
2 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed (25 mL)
½ teaspoon Dijon mustard (2 mL)
1 tablespoon lemon juice(15 mL)
¼ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (1 mL)
¼ cup (50 mL) vegetable oil
2 tablespoons low fat mayonnaise (25 mL)
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (1 mL)
1 head romaine lettuce, outer leaves removed
¼ cup freshly grated or shaved parmesan (50 mL)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C).
2. Slice stem end off garlic. Place on a sheet of aluminum foil. Drizzle with the oil. Wrap garlic and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until softened. This can be done ahead up to one day ahead. Let cool.Dressing
1. In the bowl of a food processor, pulse roasted garlic, raw garlic, anchovy, and capers.
2. Process until finely minced. Add Dijon mustard, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce. With motor running, slowly drizzle in vegetable oil and finish with mayonnaise to achieve a creamy consistency.
3. Season with black pepper and salt if needed, to taste.
4. In a large bowl, tear lettuce into bite size pieces, Add dressing, croutons, and cheese to the bowl, and toss well.