Caramelized Pear and Chocolate Tart
- prep time45 min
- total time 65 min
- serves 10
Courtesy of ricardocuisine.com.
1 pie crust, 10-inch (25 cm) in diameter, homemade or store-boughtCaramelized Pears
¼ cup (60 mL) water
½ cup (125 mL) sugar
2 Tbsp (30 mL) unsalted butter
3 Bartlett pears, peeled, cored and thinly slicedGanache
4 oz (115 g) semisweet chocolate, chopped
½ cup (125 mL) 35% cream
1. With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180°C (375°F).
2. Line a 23-cm (9-inch) round and 2.5-cm (1-inch) high pie plate with the pie crust. Prick the dough with a fork. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Let cool completely.Caramelized Pears
1. In a large skillet, bring the water and sugar to a boil. Cook until the syrup takes a golden colour. Stir in the butter. Add the pears and bring to a boil. Sauté until the pears are translucent and the liquid is very syrupy. Spoon into the crust and let cool completely.Ganache
1. Place the chocolate in a bowl. Set aside.
2. In a small saucepan or in the microwave oven, bring the cream to a boil. Pour over the chocolate. Let melt for 1 minute without stirring.
3. With a whisk, stir until completely melted. Immediately pour over the filling to cover the pears. Refrigerate for about 2 hours. Serve slightly tempered.