Cashew Cranberry Tarts
- prep time 15 min
- total time 38 min
- serves 12
12 prepared 3-inch (8-cm) tart shells, thawed
½ cup (125 mL) golden corn syrup
3 tablespoons (45 mL) firmly packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons (30 mL) unsalted butter, melted and cooled to room temp.
½ teaspoon (2 mL) vanilla extract
⅔ cup (150 mL) coarsely chopped chocolate wafers (half milk or dark chocolate, half white chocolate) (5 oz./150 g)
⅔ cup (150 mL) coarsely chopped unsalted cashews (4 oz./125 g)
⅓ cup (75 mL) dried cranberries (1.5 oz./50 g)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C).
2. Place frozen tart shells (in their aluminum tins) on baking sheet. Set aside.
3. In large bowl, mix corn syrup, brown sugar, melted butter, vanilla and egg until smooth.
4. Stir in chocolate, cashews and dried cranberries.
5. Spoon into tart shells.
6. Bake 22 to 23 minutes, until syrup part of filling is browned. Makes 12 Cashew-Cranberry Tarts.
7. Store in sealed container in cool, dry place up to 2 days.