- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 8-10
1 store-bought pie shell, cooked
1 kilogram ricotta
sponge cake or slices of Savoiardi "Lady Finger" cookies
3 tablespoons icing sugar
200 grams semisweet chocolate, chopped
200 grams candied fruit, orange, chopped
4 tablespoons sugar
½ cup water
1 tablespoon sugar
½ cup rum
1. Prepare pie shell in pie tray.
2. In a mixing bowl, mix the ricotta with sugar, candied fruit, and chocolate.
3. Add to pie shell and spread evenly. On top of the ricotta mixture and to close the pie crust add slices of sponge cake or Savoiardi cookies. In a saucepot, heat up your water. Remove from heat and add sugar and rum. With a pastry brush, lightly coat the sponge cake/cookies with your mixture of water, sugar, and rum.
4. Place a plate on top and flip the cake over. Sprinkle with icing sugar.
5. Rest in fridge for an hour and serve.