- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 8-10
1 store-bought pie shell, cooked
1 kg. ricotta
sponge cake or slices of Savoiardi "Lady Finger" cookies
3 Tbsp icing sugar
200 g semisweet chocolate, chopped
200 g candied fruit, orange, chopped
4 Tbsp sugar
½ cup water
1 Tbsp sugar
½ cup rum
1. Prepare pie shell in pie tray.
2. In a mixing bowl, mix the ricotta with sugar, candied fruit, and chocolate.
3. Add to pie shell and spread evenly. On top of the ricotta mixture and to close the pie crust add slices of sponge cake or Savoiardi cookies. In a saucepot, heat up your water. Remove from heat and add sugar and rum. With a pastry brush, lightly coat the sponge cake/cookies with your mixture of water, sugar, and rum.
4. Place a plate on top and flip the cake over. Sprinkle with icing sugar.
5. Rest in fridge for an hour and serve.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site