Catalan-Style Sea Bass with Warm Potato, Rosemary and Olive Oil Soup
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
400 mL virgin olive oil
100 mL sherry vinegar
500 g tomatoes, peeled and diced
30 g sultanas
20 g pine nuts, lightly toasted
2 Tbsp (30 mL) parsley, chopped
seasoningWarm Potato, Rosemary and Oliv
350 g potatoes, peeled
800 mL fish stock
100 g onions, chopped
300 mL olive oil
1 sticks fresh rosemary
seasoningFish and Serving
4 fillets sea bass (150 g each)
1. In a small saucepan, heat and bring to the boil the sherry vinegar. Add the sultanas and remove from the heat. Leave to cool and soak-up the vinegar. Add the olive oil, pine nuts, diced tomatoes and season to taste.Warm Potato, Rosemary and Oliv
1. Place the onions, rosemary stick and potatoes in a saucepan with the fish stock and bring to the boil.
2. Simmer for 15 minutes until the potatoes are just cooked. Remove from the heat and blend in a food processor. Pass through a fine sieve and, using a hand held blender, whisk in the olive oil. Season to taste.Fish and Serving
1. Heat a little olive oil in a heavy-bottomed frying pan, season the fish fillets with salt and pepper. When the oil is hot, add the fillets, skin side down and cook for 1-2 minutes until the skin becomes crisp and golden.
2. Turn over and cook for a further minute. Remove the fillets and place them in a hot oven to finish cooking.
3. Place the fish fillets in the middle of 6 large soup bowls. Spoon over a large spoonful of the vinaigrette. Pour a little warm potato and olive oil soup around the outside and serve immediately.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site