Cheese, Nuts & Cranberry Pasta
- prep time 15 min
- total time 30 min
- serves 4 servings
3 cups (750 mL) penne or any other uncooked pasta
1 tablespoon (15 mL) butter
1 French shallot, chopped
2 tablespoons (30 mL) flour
⅓ cup (80 mL) white wine
1 cup (250 mL) chicken or turkey broth
¼ cup (60 mL) milk
½ teaspoon (2 mL) dried thyme or Provence herbs
2 cups (500 mL) various types of Canadian cheeses, grated or diced
2 tablespoons (30 mL) fresh parsley, chopped
⅓ cup (80 mL) nuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
¼ cup (60 mL) dried cranberries or other dried fruit
1. Cook pasta as indicated on package.
2. In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat and sauté shallots 3-4 minutes. Add flour and stir well.
3. Pour in the wine, broth and milk while stirring with a whisk. Bring to a boil, add thyme and simmer 5 minutes.
4. Add cheese gradually, and parsley. Let cheese melt completely. Stir in the cooked pasta until well coated.
5. Serve topped with nuts and cranberries.