Chef Edgar's Guacamole
- prep time15 min
- total time 15 min
Courtesy of Chef Edgar Gutierrez of Tres Carnales.
6 ripe avocadoes
1 medium tomato, diced
1 small white onion, diced
1 large jalapeno, seeded and deveined
1 tsp garlic powder
1 cup cilantro, chopped
3 limes, juiced
1 Tbsp white vinegar
sea salt, to taste
1. Combine the onions , vinegar, lime juice, salt and pepper and set aside for at least 3 hours.
2. Peel and seed the avocados and mash. Reserve pits (the avocado pit will keep the guacamole from turning brown).
3. Chop the jalapeño and combine with tomatoes, cilantro, garlic powder, marinated onion.
4. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl including pits. Mix thoroughly.
5. Serve immediately with corn chips.