Chicken and Fig Ciabatta with Sweet Potato Fries
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 4
2 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
salt and pepperAioli
1 large egg yolk
1 pinch salt
1 dash pepper
juice of 1 lemon
1 cup olive oil
2 small cloves garlic
1 dash hot sauce, optionalSandwich
4 slices ciabatta bread, 1/2 inch thick
1 clove garlic, cut in half
1 cup toasted walnut halves, (about 8 pieces)
4 fresh figs, sliced in 1/4 inch slices
4 slices brie, about 1/4 inch thick
½ cup arugula, washed and dried
salt and pepper
tsp honey (optional)Sweet Potato Fries
3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and each cut into 6 wedges
3 Tbsp olive oil
pinch cayenne and smoked paprika
1 green onion, chopped
juice of 1 lime
salt and pepper
1. To prepare chicken, season breasts with olive oil, salt and pepper. Grill over medium high heat until done, about 6-8 minutes. Let rest before carving into 1/2 in thick slices.Aioli
1. To prepare aioli, combine the egg yolk, salt, pepper and lemon juice in a medium measuring cup or tall glass.
2. Using a hand held stick blender, gradually blend in oil in a slow stream. Buzz in the garlic, and hot sauce if using. Season with more salt and lemon juice, if necessary.Sandwich
1. To assemble sandwich, turn broiler on. Toast bread until light golden; rub each slice with cut side of garlic clove and season with salt. Spread aioli generously on each slice.
2. Top each slice with chicken, walnuts and figs. Place brie on top and broil until cheese melts. Remove from oven and place on serving plates.
3. Place a loose handful of arugula on top of melted cheese. Dress lightly with olive oil, honey if using, salt and pepper.
4. Makes 4 open-faced sandwiches.Sweet Potato Fries
1. Preheat oven to 375. In large bowl, combine sweet potatoes, olive oil, cayenne, smoked paprika, salt and pepper; toss well to combine.
2. Arrange on baking tray and bake, turning over occasionally until cooked through and golden brown, about 20 minutes.
3. Toss with green onions and bake another minute. Squeeze lime juice over and season with salt and pepper to taste.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site