Chicken and Mushroom Pie with Spinach Salad
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 0
1 deep dish frozen pie shell
1 ½ cups cooked chicken (can be from deli chicken, skinned and cut into bite-sized chunks).
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
1 ¼ cups 1% milk
1 cup chicken broth
½ cup frozen peas
½ cup fresh mushroom slices
1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash Italian seasoningSpinach Salad
1 bag of baby spinach
Real bacon pieces
¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
Fruit in season – mangoes, strawberries, blueberries, etc.
Cashews or nut blend
Bottled poppy seed dressing
1. Take out pie crust and let come to room temperature. Preheat oven to 425F.
2. Debone ½ of a deli roaster chicken and cut into cubes.
3. Melt butter in large frying pan and add flour. Mix well.
4. Gradually add milk and the chicken broth. Cook until it starts to thicken.
5. Add cooked chicken and frozen peas. Continue to cook until thick.
6. Add mushroom slices and spice.
7. Pour chicken mixture into empty pie plate with no bottom crust.
8. Cover with thawed crust and seal all edges. Cut a few air vents.
9. Bake in oven for 10 minutes then reduce to 350F for 20 minutes.
10. Let pie stand 10 minutes before cutting.Spinach Salad
1. Rinse spinach and spin dry.
2. Sprinkle with bacon bits, feta, fruit, nuts and poppy seed dressing.