Chicken Cordon Bleu Burgers with Japanese Cabbage Salad
- prep time 1 min
- total time 1 min
- serves 6
Ease of Preparation: Easy
12 oz (350 g) extra lean ground chicken
12 oz (450 g) extra lean minced turkey
⅓ cup Cornflake crumbs
¼ tsp paprika
½ tsp pepper
½ tsp Mrs. Dash Original Seasoning
8 oz (225 g) coleslaw mix
4 green onions
¼ cup almonds
¼ cup pecans
2 cup steam fried noodles, Chinese style (Sandi uses Farkay brand)
1 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp rice vinegar
3 Tbsp canola oil
1 tsp sesame oil
½ tsp pepper
1 pinch salt
1 tsp Mrs.Dash Garlic and Herb Seasoning
8 slices cooked ham
2 Tbsp Deli Sweet Red Chili Spread (The kind you put on crackers)
8 slices deli Swiss cheese
8 multigrain buns, split
1. Take out equipment and ingredients. Preheat BBQ to medium (approx 350º F) by starting both burners on a low-med setting.
2. Grate onion into a large bowl. Add chicken, turkey, egg, cornflake crumbs and spices to bowl.
3. Use just turkey or chicken if both not available Mix well.
4. Form the mixture into 8 large patties, each 3/4 inch thick. These can be formed and frozen ahead of time, on the weekend to save time.
5. Make sure you put parchment between each burger, just in case you forget to take them out to defrost.
6. Place patties on BBQ. Close lid. Cook each side 5-10 minutes or until center is well cooked.
7. Thermometer should be at least 160-170º F.
8. Meanwhile: Place coleslaw in a large bowl. Slice onions and add to bowl. Add almonds and pecans to bowl. Add noodles to bowl.
9. Whisk sugar, rice vinegar, oils and spices in a small bowl.
10. For the last 2-3 minutes of cooking the burgers, heat ham slices on grill.
11. Spread red chili spread on patties.
12. Place slices of cheese on patties.
13. Place the buns cut side down on the grill.
14. Serve chicken burgers on the buns with ham and fixings of choice.