Chicken in Crunchy Bread Cups
- serves 18
These chicken bread cups by Sandi Richard are so quick and easy to make, you'll want them for lunch every day.
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1 Tbsp dry brown gravy mix (such as Bisto)
1 can (10 oz or 284 mL) consommé
½ tsp curry powderBread Cups & Chicken
18 pieces multigrain sliced bread
1 Tbsp softened butter (per cup)
½ tsp poultry seasoning (per cup)
1 cooked deli roaster chicken (3 cups diced)
2 green onions (per cup)
5 white or cremini mushrooms (per cup)
cranberry sauce, to taste (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF.
2. Combine cornstarch, gravy mix, consommé and curry in a small stove top pot, stirring until thickened. Remove from heat and set aside.Bread Cups & Chicken
1. Butter each slice of bread sparingly. Slice off crusts and discard. Press bread slices, butter side down, into muffin tins. Sprinkle each with poultry seasoning.
2. Dice the deli roaster chicken and finely chop the green onion and mushrooms.
3. Evenly distribute into each cup: chicken, onion, mushrooms and a drizzle of gravy.
4. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Garnish with cranberry sauce to taste.