Chocolate Chip Black Bottom Cheesecake
- serves 16
A fantastic and fun way to learn about weight and measurement while reading and following instructions.
2 pkg (250 g each) cream cheese, softened
1 can (300 mL) Eagle Brand® Regular or Low Fat Sweetened Condensed Milk
½ cup (125 mL) unflavoured yogurt or sour cream
2 tsp (10 mL) pure vanilla extract
1 ½ cup (375 mL) Chipits® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, dividedChocolate Cake Batter
½ cup (125 mL) sugar
1 tsp (5 mL) pure vanilla extract
½ cup (125 mL) Crisco® Vegetable or Canola Oil
¼ cup (50 mL) unflavoured yogurt
1 cup (250 mL) + 2 tbsp (30 mL) Robin Hood® All Purpose Flour
¼ cup (50 mL) unsweetened cocoa powder
¾ tsp (4 mL) baking powder, baking soda; each
½ cup (125 mL) boiling water
½ cup (125 mL) Chipits® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Grease a 10" (4 L) tube pan.
2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy, 1 minute. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Add yogurt, eggs and vanilla. Beat well. Stir in 3/4 cup (175 mL) chocolate chips. Reserve.Chocolate Cake Batter
1. In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla until combined. Add oil and yogurt. Add next 4 ingredients. Mix until well combined. Carefully stir in boiling water. Add chocolate chips and mix.
2. Pour chocolate cake batter into prepared pan. Spoon cheesecake batter on top. Sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup (175 mL) chocolate chips.
3. Bake in preheated oven 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Wrap well with plastic wrap and chill 4 hours or overnight in refrigerator.