These cookies are very crisp, perfect for dunking in coffee or tea. Cocoa powder gives the cookies the rich taste of chocolate with far fewer calories than chocolate chips, or pieces, and virtually no fat. Only 76 calories per biscotti.
1. Preheat oven to 350 and arrange a rack in the center of the oven. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Whisk together flour, almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
3. Beat egg and sugar with a mixer on medium-high speed until pale and thick, about 5 minutes. Beat in vanilla and almond extracts. Reduce speed to low, and gradually add flour mixture. Beat until no traces of flour remain. Stir in cranberries. The dough will be very wet and sticky.
4. Scrape the dough in a thick line in the center of the prepared baking sheet. Wet your hands and pat dough into a 9- by 3-inch rectangle. Bake until puffed and dry to the touch, about 25 minutes. Cool on pan for 15 minutes; keep oven on. Peel off parchment and carefully transfer rectangle to a cutting board. Cut crosswise into 1/3-inch-thick slices.
5. Lay slices flat on unlined baking sheet, and bake until dry, about 10 minutes. Flip slices and bake for 10 minutes more. Let cool completely. Cookies will crisp as they cool.